December Update



I've been absent . . . I've come into a really busy time and I realize I haven't even finished blogging about my Paris trip! I have a to-do list ahead of me, maybe I should do a blogmas!!

I've had a lot of compositions to write and record so that has taken up a lot of my time. In addition to this, I was without my computer for about a week. I had to plan out my days really well and use my school computers to finish the pieces I needed to complete.

I really like this program that I am in and that its main direction is composition and producing the works. So far I have written five pieces since December and recorded two. I think I am overall proud of the results of all of these piece. One of them will be performed in February (which I am very excited for!) and I believe a few others will be performed next term.

Living in England tempts me enormously to not do work but to go out and explore! Also, the dark and cold weather always makes me desire my warm bed and Netflix. But, I have loads to do before next week when I go back to California for the holiday.

Things I've Been Loving:
1. London

I can't get enough of London and I try to visit whenever I can. It is so beautiful there and there is so much to do.

2. Christmas Markets

England is big on the Christmas markets and I love them! There is always great food and things to buy. My goal is to go to the famous Christmas market in Bath before I leave for USA.

3. Vegan Food

There is SO much great Vegan food here in Bristol. I want to eat healthy and cook for myself but I always want to try all the vegan foods I discover and support the local businesses! What a predicament . . .

4. Podcasts

I walk everywhere and sometimes it can get boring . . . when you have to walk the same path every single day. I've discovered that a great way to pass the time is to download podcasts on my iPhone. I listen to a variety of podcasts and I try to download educational ones when I can. These are also good for long car/bus/train trips.

I have a busy few days ahead of me but I will get back in the swing of things soon enough.





No comments:

Powered by Blogger.