Paris Solo Trip: Day Two


This was my big day in Paris. It seems that I didn't stop walking for one moment. I tried to get up as early as possible (not very early after that long day previous . . . ), ate breakfast, and set off into the city. The first thing I ran into was a sweet little market very close to my hotel. They sold little gifts, flowers, fruit, and books. I was happy for this little discovery, and I made note of it to return before leaving the city.


Breakfast ❁ I ate breakfast at the hotel. Not a good choice. 

I was especially anxious to visit the museum of Victor Hugo's house. It is very magical being in the countries in which my literary and musical heroes once lived. This isn't as common as in America. There I was, walking the same path as one of my most treasured authors - one who made me laugh, cry, and so profoundly invest in such a great piece of literature. His apartment was very sweet. I played one key on his piano. I did not get in trouble.

The small park right outside his house. 

Selfie with my favorite author. 
Right outside the house
Views from his window
I played the middle C
What's happening in this photo? Look familiar?



A great section of this day involved walking along the Seine, and gosh it was beautiful. I recommend bringing a lover and taking a walk along this river. I think it would be very romantic. Even so, I enjoyed my time on my own. I found a place that offered vegan macarons, put them in my back and set off on adventure. The concierge at my hotel said that you don't really see Paris until you've crossed the river. He was trying to sell a river tour for me which really annoyed me so I used my two legs to walk along that river for free! You can find many of the great landmarks while walking along. I made a few stops . . .

What do you see in the distance?
So ready to eat all of these.
I think this is a very realistic picture of Paris as a city. Most people only take pics of the insanely aesthetic points. 
Crazy Beautiful
Of course I had to visit the Louvre. I didn't explore this as much as I would like (because I had a lot of plans for the day!), but I saw many great things. I saw many great Italian pieces including the famous Mona Lisa. Many people were there just to get a great selfie. I challenged myself to just stand there and take it in. I pushed through the crowds very annoyingly, took my place in the from, and enjoyed this beautiful piece of art (probably ruining many selfies, but I don't care!). I did end up taking a selfie with the mysterious lady, but after a few good minutes of admiration.

I think this was Botticelli?


I was staring to get starving but I had a destination in mind in which I wanted to have my lunch.

Lunch ❁ I bought a baguette, water, had my macaron, and found a very beautiful place to eat . . . right beside the Eiffel Tower. 



I had to visit the tower on this trip and a few interesting things happened.

1. I enjoyed the beautiful sight. Usually things like this don't impress me too much, but something about the tour was very, very beautiful. I sat in the grass, ate my bread and macarons, and felt really relaxed.

2. A French guy tried to flirt with me. He saw me taking pictures with my self-timer and started conversation. I was a bit nervous and cautious being on my own (which was kind of dumb) but he was kind and chatted with me a bit. He did not speak much English so I had to pull out my French and I realized I know more than I thought I did. It was fun to pull out some vocabulary that I learned a hundred years ago. He looked at my hands and said "piano" which was interesting. He was interested in my trip and I tried to ask him questions about himself. Eventually he asked me through the translator if he could seduce me. Though I was amused, I had to say no.

3. These guys asked me to take their picture and I ended up chatting with them. They were from Argentina on a European vacation. The three guys were very nice and friendly. We had a good time chatting and they gave me some vino.

After a very solitary trip, it was fun having these encounters and meeting new people.

My first glance.
Right before the French guy started chatting with me

I went to Champs-Elysées to walk around a bit. It was fun there with all of the designer stores. But it was a long walk back home. Paris is a very large place and very open. I considered taking the metro but I didn't want to miss anything.

I thought it was funny that people were queuing to go into the Louis Vuitton store. It's just a store. 
Dinner ❁ I searched for a good meal at a vegan restaurant. I found Gentle Gourmet. I spent 12 Euro on a really fantastic seitan stake with mushroom sauce. I was not feeling the best at the restaurant because my phone was dying and I was starting to get nervous because I still had to find my way home. So I don't have any pictures of this fantastic meal. 

The walk home was horrible because I had to use the toilet so bad. But when I was home, I was good. I took a nice bath with the rest of my bath bomb. I went to bed happy to have such  great day in Paris. 

What I wore: Fashionable but warm
Shirt: Miss Selfridge
Pants: Gap




1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! I'm so jealous that you got to see the Mona Lisa and visit the Eiffel tower. The story about the French guy asking if he could seduce you was hilarious as well. Love the blogs! Keep them coming! :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.