Minimalist-ish ~ Beauty Products + Friday Reading



Today has been a boring Friday. I haven't been sleeping well at night which leads me to sleep in too long in the morning. Then I was promised a beach trip but that didn't end up happening . . . good news is that I got to take it easy and read more of my book. This Sophia Kinsella book "I've Got Your Number" is so good! Kinsella has to be one of my favorite authors.




The Essential Cup of Tea.


As for today, this will be the last part of my minimalist-ish journey for a while because the only other thing to look at is my closet and I am scared to go in there!

When trying to cut down on possessions, the fist thing I looked to was all of my beauty and hygiene products. I think beauty is the easiest thing to accumulate - especially during the holidays! It's so easy to buy girls lotions and stuff for gifts! I find the most peace when my products are minimal. I may be happy with a closet full of clothes and shelves full of books but if my cabinet is full of products I hardly use, then I am stressed!

Here are snapshots of all of the things in my cabinet.
*Note: I did not include products for my hair because I've recently run out. I usually use Lush shampoo bar and I have Maui brand conditioner.

To begin with, here are my summer products! I have two different BB creams (didn't want to throw one of them out because they are useful), aloe vera, sun lotion, and my favorite thing - my tanning oil. It is very hot here in southern California so these products are essential. They are all running out though so I may throw them out when it starts to get cold. I frequently use the BB cream if I got to the beach so that I have some sunblock on my face and a bit of makeup.



These are all of my daily essentials. I have my toothy tabs, two different moisturizers, deodorant (one is almost out), and my cleanser.



This selection is my main conflict. I have too much lotion and I am desperately trying to get through it as I would rather have only one bottle of lotion (and I have a good lotion on route from Sephora!!). The only part of this that makes me sad is the Lancôme lotion because the La Vie Est Bel scent is divine. When I have money I am definitely going to repurchase the perfume.



Last is all of the random items . . . I have a body spray that I can't get myself to get rid of (the smell has memories attached to it grrr), blue hair dye (yes there's some blue in my hair . . .), some Lush face mist that I like but don't use as frequently as I should, some shimmering dusting powder, and a Lancôme toner that I have not yet tried! (I am scared).



That is all! Everything significantly downsized. I am really content with having only products that I love.

2 comments:

  1. Really loved this post! I need to do a clear out in the near future too :)
    xoxo Annaleid
    www.actuallyanna.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It definitely brought more peace to my life!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.