GUEST BLOG! Natural Beauty Review: Lush Fails

Today's blog features a guest!  . . . my sister. She is a current Sophomore at university in Southern California. Today she will tell you about all the Lush products that she hated . . . Don't worry - we love Lush. But they can't be perfect right? She is helping you spend your money the best way. But there is a little surprise at the end. 

By: Kristen Lavan

Milky Bath Bomb

I had high hopes for this bath bomb. Every time I went to Lush, I had considered getting it. When I finally bought it, I was so excited! I could just imagine sitting in smooth, milky water that was sparkly and warm while listening to music and reading. Unfortunately, that wasn’t what it was like. The water just turned murky and the sparkles came out in a clump. The water didn’t smell any different, and my skin felt like it would if I had used cheap dollar soap. I didn’t end up using the entire bath bomb, so I tried again the next time and got the same result but with less sparkles. Not worth $7.95



Damaged Hot Oil Hair Treatment

My hair had been feeling kind of dry when I got this, so I was really hopeful when it came to this product. I had done a coconut oil hair mask before and I saw great results. This gave me high expectations for the Damaged Hair Treatment. It costed more than I would’ve liked it to, $10.95 I think, and it was pretty small. I got a demonstration from the Lush worker (thanks!) and I was ready to go. I shared it with Tori and followed the instructions correctly, but I didn’t get the results I was hoping for. It worked okay, but the results weren’t as good as my hair mask just using coconut oil. I would say that this product does work to an extent, but it is cheaper and more efficient to just use coconut oil.

*Note from Tori: I hated this and it took forever to wash out of my hair. 


Tisty Tosty Bathbomb

Here is yet another bath bomb that disappointed me. This one was just money down the drain. Using this made the bath a scentless, murky stew that had two unbloomed flower buds floating around awkwardly. Absolutely, 100% guilty of being junk. 




Toothpaste Tablets

The toothpaste tablets work well, and I know Tori and my mom love them. I have nothing against the product except that I didn’t like the texture. I’m very sensitive when it comes to the noises of a toothbrush against teeth, and I am also sensitive to textures. Using this product just gave me a chill up my spine. Not for me, but not bad. 



 Mystery Cat Pee Bath Bomb

This bath bomb took the cake of junk Lush products. Tori and I were looking through bath bombs during Christmas time and were smelling them all when I came across this bath bomb that had the stench of cat pee. I don’t know what the name is and I seemed to have blocked from my memory what it looked like. So, a fun game for you is to go to your local Lush and sniff all the bath bombs trying to find the Mystery Cat Pee Bath Bombs. If you find it, ten points to Gryffindor! (Also, don’t buy it)

Two Extra Products I Love:

Shampoo Bars

Tori let me use some of her shampoo bar and I fell in love. I have to use more conditioner with this product because it makes my hair kind of dry, but that is fine because my hair doesn’t get greasy as fast! That was so exciting to me. I can now wait three or four days before having to wash my hair! I hate taking showers and washing my hair, so now that I can just clean my body in the bath and not have to do my hair all over again brings me great joy. I used a white one that she gave me and I really like that one a lot (Honey I Washed My Hair) She then gave me a lot of some orange one (Braziliant) and I don’t like it as much. It makes my hair frizzier and I have to wash my hair in three days instead of four. However, I do walk to school in 90 degree weather, so maybe that is why I have to wash it sooner. 



The Magic of Christmas Reusable Bubble Bar

Instead of buying the Mystery Cat Pee bath bomb, I opted for a cute star bath bomb. This is my favorite bath bomb, by far. First of all, it looks pretty. It is a star with sparkles on a stick of cinnamon. It smells incredible and I was able to use it seven times! I broke off each corner of the star, giving me five baths, plus I used the center of it twice before it was all gone. This bath bomb left my skin feeling really smooth and slightly sparkly, which I loved. This bath bomb is definitely the most cost-efficient bath bomb, which is important information to cheap people like me. 

Let The Good Times Roll

This product is my favorite non-bath bomb product so far. It is a facial cleanser that smells like cake! I use it as an exfoliator and it works ridiculously well. This was my first lush product that I picked out myself, and I only got the sample because it smelled like cake. (By the way, a sample can last two months. Take note.) I get dry patches of skin on my nose and chin and when I use this product it takes the dead skin away and makes it smooth and soft. My mom bought me the smaller pot in December and it is so difficult using it all before the expiration date. I have been giving it to friends, using it all over my body, and using it on my face every night and I still have a lot left. It is now past the expiration date a bit, but I asked a worker at Lush and she said that it is safe to use past the date since it doesn’t have any super-perishable products in it. Go get some!! You can smell like cake!




2 comments:

  1. Wow I love your blog! This book also looks amazing! I followed you from twitter and I'd love it if you'd check out my blog rimpysreads.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.