Metropolitano


My sister's Universal Studios annual pass is expiring soon, so yesterday we took her last trip there. (Thats why this blog post is late, I was dead tired when I got home! My legs still hurt!) The fee for parking there is enormous, so in order to avoid this, my sister and I took to my favorite form of transportations: the train.



I love how cheap and fast big city metros are. I've never been on the Los Angeles one, and it was fun to check it off the list!* It zoomed through the underground of LA.

(*For the record . . . hm hm . . . I've been on the London tube; NY subway; Los Angeles/LA county metro; metro in Bergen and Oslo, Norway)

Universal Studios was fun. We went on most of the rides. It was hot there but we got mad splashed on the bloody Jurassic Park ride . . .

We parked in Pasadena and took the gold line (above ground, hits all the good spots in Pasadena) to Union Station, and then the red line right to Universal. Los Angeles transport is really efficient and widespread. Of course there are the handful of crazy people you will find (such as the high hooker we saw talking to herself), but generally it is full of regular people traveling around for work or pleasure. If you are looking for a fun day in LA, take into account where the metro stations are - they are close to great attractions and you don't have to worry about driving or paying for parking.

To end the day, we took a quick walk through one of my favorite parts of Pasadena - old town. We came across a little hatch with a library of free books inside! It was very surprising and lovely!




A lot of the time I wish to travel and leave my home, but I do feel lucky to live in California.


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.