Thoughts on Vegan

10:25 PM
I am currently on the Vegan diet. Sometimes I used to fall thinking I will be happier consuming what everyone else is eating. But when I make the decision to go back, I am always happier. I do think it is the healthiest diet and the more I learn about it, the more I am confused with other people's opinions on health.

Isn't it common knowledge now that meat is harmful for your body? It is literally killing you. Why would you eat something that is harming you so profoundly? We do not need meat to survive. Is
"meat taste good" really a sufficient explanation?

Isn't it sad that people are consuming these products daily, thinking that its beneficial for their lives, but its sending them to the hospital, creating a patchwork quilt of health problems to be wrapped around their bodies?

I get it sometimes. I was born into an Italian-American family. Sometimes its hard for me to resist the food of my culture. But I have to make the decision. Would it be worth it sometimes? I haven't been to Italy yet, and when I go, I would like to try a pizza margherita di napoli, gelato di Roma, and cannoli di Sicilia. Is it worth it? Can I give myself a few days? I don't know.

If I took a day, I wouldn't kill an animal. How do people not yet see this as cruel? Don't they know that their pieces of raw flesh come from factories (NOT farms) where the animals are treated disgustingly and live disgustingly? Don't they know that simply being a consumer of this is being a consumer in the ruin of our Earth? Why doesn't anyone care?

Oh yeah, because nothing bad will happen to them.


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.