Little Bits + My Vegan Journey

Today was the laziest day and I did not feel good. If you are stuck in a busy schedule, wishing you had time to just rest and watch TV, trust me when I say . . . it is not worth it. You are more fortunate to be working and making a difference in the world. There are a lot of things I could be doing, I suppose, but it is hard finding motivation when stuck at home. Does anyone feel the same way?

Kat Stewart as Billie in Offspring

So I've been watching the Australian show, Offspring, as said in a previous blog, and gosh it has its dramatic turns! Its generally just a fun, slightly comical show about a family, but there was a storyline that really struck me. There was a couple who were in love throughout the show and had a really good relationship after some ups and downs. They were sort of the power couple of the show. Then one story line came about - the wife was having some trouble in her life, and cheated on him. Then he went on a music tour and she was waiting for his return so they can reconcile as she sorted everything out. Then she got a painful phone call where he told her that he was seeing someone else. The way this whole scene played out was so realistic and made me really empathize with the characters (as I've had a slightly similar experience). The show has five stars in my opinion, even though it throws me around emotionally!

My vegan diet has been good at the moment - I've been experimenting with cooking. I am not the best cook but I want to be great! I've been making my mom and I dinner every night. One of the experiments I am proud of is falafel! I've always wanted to make falafel, and I sort of made up a recipe of baked falafel, and it turned out pretty good! I've been making curries, vegetable mixtures, and yesterday I made a BLT. I used Tempeh "bacon" for that, and it was delicious!

This was sort of a cheat day dish!


This vegan journey has been exciting. Does anyone have any delicious recipes to share?

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.