SoCal Vino

The beginning of the week was really lovely because I did something I've never done before: Wine tasting!


My friend and I went to a lovely winery in Temecula, California and each paid $15 for six samples of the wineries wine. Though the wineries are close to my house, it is like taking a step into a mini-vacation - the wineries are very European and tucked up into the windy Temecula hills.



We stood at this bar and we got six good sized samples of the wine from a menu. I was a bit worried about how much they were giving us . . . We chose from a few whites, reds, sparking, and sweet wines. They were very fresh and delicious. I did get a bit tipsy and I was worried when the server said that there was brandy in the last sweet wine that I chose! But I survived, and the sweet wine was divine. It was really fun overall because we got to chat through the tasting in the serene environment.

Afterwards, we sat in the warm California sun and chatted for longer. Overall, it was a lovely day trip. I highly recommend a visit to the Temecula wineries!


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.