Art and Eats in San Diego

Last week I had an important meeting in San Diego which inspired a trip to Balboa park. I did not know what to expect of Balboa park - I had a Central Park image in my head - but it turns out it is a large area of museums and attractions. Mt sister and I took a visit to all of the free museums, but you can buy a special pass which will allow you into all of the museums/attractions for free.

The buildings and courtyard was very beautiful here. There was a lot of greenery and the park was kept very nice and clean. Our first stop was the Timken Art Museum.




The art museum was very small but there were great pieces in of a variety of periods. This day was special because they had a Money exhibit.



Next was a stop at the arboretum which was filled with beautiful plants. There was a Mojito Mint plant that smelled sooooo yummy!!

We began to go mad with hunger and found a vegan place close by at a fancy mall. The place was the "True Food Kitchen" (Vegan/Vegetarian/Gluten Free). I realized when I sat down that I went to the same restaurant before in Pasadena! The prices are kind of high but so is the quality of the food. I got a delicious pizza with vegan ricotta! Then we had to get the chocolate cake and ice cream . . . and it was divine. It's one of the best cakes I've ever had. I honestly think that vegan dessert is better. I think because it doesn't leave me feeling as sick and it is usually without the chemical taste.


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.