Friday Excitment!

I was really excited to wake up this morning because today I went to  . . . Barnes and Noble!!! Yes, I am a nerd, but there is this book series that I am currently reading and I was desperate for the next book.

The series is called "Neapolitan Novels" by Elena Ferrante. The books are simply about the lives of two friends in Naples, Italy, written through the voice of the friend who always thought of herself as the lesser of the two, even though she was the one who made something of herself and found independent success. These books are very deep and heavy with material of the character's sufferings and contemplations. I feel that there is still a lot I don't understand but they are so poetically written and so interesting. I am on the third book of four and I know that I am going to be sad when they end!


Has anyone read these books before? What do you think?

Today was a fun day otherwise. I went to the mall with my sister and our close friend graduated high school today! It was nice witnessing this milestone, and seeing old friends at the after party!

I bought a new exercise wear from the mall . . . I hope this means a new regimental lifestyle. We shall see!




No comments:

Powered by Blogger.