Natural Beauty - Deodorant

I've always considered myself health-conscience, but it wasn't until recently that I discovered the harmful affects of everyday items that most people use. This was very surprising to me - why would stores so easily sell products that could potentially give the consumer damage?

Since last year, I've been trying to replace all of the beauty products that I use with natural products. Sometimes it is difficult when the products don't work as well as I hope! On my journey to find the perfect products, I will freely share my discoveries.

Finding a natural deodorant was the first priority since the discovery that commercial deodorants contain aluminum. My nurse friend shared that the underarms are a very sensitive part of the body, and it is dangerous to expose it to dangerous chemicals such as the ones presented in regular, everyday deodorant.

1. Toms:

The first one I tried was Tom's brand - Lavender scent. It gave me a rash so I stopped using it. Though, my sister find's success with it.

My sister says she is usually very sweaty and it has the same affect as the other deodorants she used to use. She says it smells nicer, dries fast, and does not leave white marks or powdery residue. She has sensitive skin and did not get a rash.


(My sister bought hers for $1 at the Dollar Tree)



2. Baking Soda mixed with Coconut Oil:



I don't know if I did something wrong but this did not work for me at all. It was kind of gross. Did anyone have better luck?

3. Schmidt's:

Once, on a trip to Urban Outfitters, I came across a deodorant that I have never seen before: Schmidt's. It was a bit pricy ($10) but I decided to risk the price and try it out. Result: I love it! I tried the Cedarwood + Juniper scent first and it smells really nice - it has a smell that could be for male or female. It goes on well and last a long time. It is also a great antiperspirant. I recently bought the Lavender + Sage scent at an grocery store for ($8).

The only sort of negative side is that the scent does not maintain throughout the day. It leaves a sort of coconut-oil smelling scent which is not a bad thing.

Another great positive: even though it was a bit pricier than regular, commercial deodorants, I bought it last August and there is still some left - it lasts about a year long.




(Description on back: This natural formula offers long-lasting protection against odor and wetness. Free of aluminum, propylene glycol, parabens & phthalates. Gluten-free. Certified Vegan & Cruelty-free)

Does anyone recommend other brands?

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.