Bits of Bristol

I am really enjoying my time here in Bristol. My schedule is not extremely demanding so I have had a lot of time to walk around and enjoy the city. My flatmates have also been good about having me tag along on adventures! I am not usually the type to go to pubs and clubs, but they have been helping me with that experience.

The city is wonderful. There is something beautiful to see in almost every corner. I am amazed at the buildings here. It is crazy that they are normal to the locals. To me, it is magical - unlike anything in the USA.

Bristol is near the sea and there is a river flowing through it. On a walk, it is easy to run into the river. There is a lot of history connected to it and I am interested in learning more.

The shopping here is wonderful. Great stores, some not too expensive - I don't need to say more! I am thankful to have a bit of extra money because going on small shopping trips have made my time here so fun!

Everything I need is close by so I walk everywhere. Bristol is very hilly so I've been properly worked on my commute to and from class. I hope to improve my figure after this year. Otherwise, is it worth it?? I'm kidding.

At the moment I am working on two compositions for class and its been really nice to set to work and focus only on what I want to do for my career, which is to write music. The compositional environment here is very proactive, and it is common to have your music played through. I am really appreciative of this environment.

Here are some pics of the city:

Picnic by the castle

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.